VOIP is an acronym for Voice Over Internet Protocol, or in more common terms phone service over the Internet. You, in fact, have already used them on your PC and Mobile Phone. Application such as Skype, Whatsapp, Facebook Messenger, Snapchat, and Viber use free Wifi to Wifi calling, or often 1c a minute for calls to calling non Wifi calls like landline or mobile phone numbers using thing VoIP
As you now have a very high-quality Internet connection you can get phone service delivered through your Internet connection instead of from your local phone company. This has very small data usage too. A 30-minute voice call takes up 10MB or 0.01 GB, so it does not take up much data allowance at all.
How does VoIP work?
All that is required is to turn analog phone signals into digital signals that can be sent over the Internet.
This function in domestic home use is via a separate box like an ATA. You simply use your existing cordless phones you already have. The main telephone (with the telephone cable) goes into the ATA adaptor, which in turn goes into the back of the 4G Router. That’s it.
3 Simple Steps
- Connect your Vonage Box to your existing broadband.
- Plug your phone into your Vonage Box.
- Pick up the phone and ring someone.
More information is found at https://www.vonageforhome.com/
What if I don’t have DECT Cordless phones?
Vonage send you 2 free Gigaset A120 phones. These are very basic phones. If you use the Free ATA adator from Vonage we recommend the following:
Gigaset C430A Trio Cordless DECT Phone w/ Answering Machine
This Gigaset C430 cordless DECT phone bundle is equipped to simplify your household routine. With useful direct access functions and an integrated baby phone it is a practical and user-friendly solution to your day-to-day calling requirements. Energy-efficient power supply means that the Gigaset C430A is easier on the environment and on your wallet.
- Includes one two or three C430 cordless DECT phones
- Brilliant HSP sound quality, even when using hands-free
- 2 direct access keys to your favourite functions (can be set individually)
- Selectable day/night switch that mutes the handsets ringer
- Long talk and standby time of up to 14 and 300 hours, respectively
- Ergonomic, precise keypad made from high-quality materials
- Supports the Gigaset L410 hands-free clip
- Always stay in touch
Gigaset S650H PRO Cordless DECT Phone & N510 IP VoIP/SIP DECT Base Station (no need for Vonage ATA adaptor)
The Gigaset S650H PRO Cordless DECT Handset is the perfect crossover between a classic mobile and business phone. The Bluetooth of the Gigaset S650H PRO function supports additional features like connecting a headset, or synchronising your contacts with your Mac or Windows computer – even your smartphone or tablet. Easy to use and install, this handset will provide you with a range of convenient extras to support your effectiveness in business and also comes bundled with an N510 IP DECT Base Station.
- Bundle includes from one to six (6) S650H Pro Cordless DECT handsets and one (1) N510 IP Base Station.
- Intuitive to operate, next-generation, icon-based user interface.
- 1,8” TFT illuminated display and alphanumerical keypad.
- Hands-free talking with brilliant sound quality
- Powerful battery supports long working days without charging.
- 12 hours of talk time and over 300 hours of standby time.
- Exchange phone numbers via Bluetooth or micro-USB.
- Included N510 IP Base Station
What if the DECT phone signal cannot get around my house, office or even outdoors.
NTP 4024 Standard DECT Range Extender
The NTP 4024 is designed in accordance with the Digital Enhanced Cordless Telecommunications (DECT) standard. This type of repeater (WRS Wireless Relay Stations) is intended for use in residential, business and public DECT applications based on the GAP profile. Both models include a SMB connector for an external directional antenna which can be used to extend DECT coverage to remote areas from the typical base station.
- Up to 12 repeaters per base station
- Up to 50m indoor and 300m outdoor
- Handling of 5 active narrow-band calls simultaneously
- Handling of 2 active wide-band calls simultaneously
- Support automatic handover of calls between cells
- DECT encryption
- Automatic registration method
- Double the range of your base station
- Repeater to repeater registration (max. 3 repeaters in daisy chain)
Important: Please ensure you check with the https://www.rtx.dk/ website for handset compatibility before purchasing this DECT extender.
Standard warranty: 1-year